POSITION: Mechanical Design Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
BENEFITS OFFERED: Medical, Dental
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be a key member of the Reina Imaging engineering team and the industry-leading x-ray accessories manufacturing business. Using design expertise and abilities rooted in solid engineering principles, this engineer will be responsible for the design and development of new x-ray accessories and the support/improvement of existing products.
He/she will have the ability and attention to detail to work with minimal supervision to create new medical imaging accessory products while utilizing and developing existing design practices with a focus on safety, reliability and efficiency. He/she will also be expected to work with suppliers to test and validate mechanical components.
This position resides at our corporate headquarters in Crystal Lake, IL.
- Completes mechanical designs of a complex nature
- Creates new product designs that exceed customer expectations utilizing 3D CAD, preferably Solidworks
- Maintains current designs and seeks out opportunities to continuously improve current product
- Documents new designs and design modifications with appropriate CAD drawings, BOM requests, project release paperwork and the like
- Completes with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Integrates new designs into ISO 13485:2016 product development framework
- Continually monitors due dates for designs and releases designs to meet these dates ensuring appropriate lead times for parts procurement to meet production schedule
- Performs complex troubleshooting on all applicable mechanical systems
- Performs analysis and calculations as necessary to support design decisions
- Draws concise logical conclusions from experiments based on data analysis
- Supports Reina Imaging Purchasing department with sourcing suggestions, alternative manufacturing methods, part substitution evaluations and Vendor evaluations
- Supports Reina Imaging Sales department by investigating new designs in response to customer requests, helps with product research and provides technical support
- Supports Reina Imaging Product Service with troubleshooting, writing procedures for maintenance, operation, engineering changes notices
- Supports Reina Imaging Parts department with designs for retrofits/upgrades of product already in the field, sourcing suggestions, part history and substitution research
- Maintains current knowledge of product offerings and emerging design technologies in the medical device industry
- Tests products using instrumentation, test plan preparation and data analysis
- Validates new designs and tests products according to supplier qualification requirements and government regulations
- Interacts extensively with manufacturing to maintain familiarity with manufacturing operations and staff, trains manufacturing team to assemble new products
- Supports all designs throughout the production process
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and effectively within a compressed manufacturing time schedule to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise in the production process
- Makes material and process recommendations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly professional and effective communication skills and the ability to interface with people throughout the organization and supplier/customer base
- Creative with an innovative approach to mechanical design solutions
- Highly developed level of Mechanical Engineering aptitude and expertise
- High energy with an enthusiasm for developing product
- Design verification and validation skills
- Thorough understanding and proficiency of 2D and 3D modeling software
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering plus 4-6 years of design and production support experience or equivalent with a focus on complex mechanical devices preferred
- Knowledge of Engineering documentation, e.g. BOMs, change management, configuration management, engineering standards and design transfer
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with education and experience
ABOUT REINA IMAGING:
Reina Imaging is the premier and most dependable manufacturer of x-ray accessories and devices with a track record of success spanning 40 years. We have customers in all 50 states domestically and in dozens of other markets world-wide. We are headquartered in Crystal Lake, IL.
Please send resume, salary requirements and any other questions to Steven A. Gdula at email@example.com